Lemon Poppyseed Cookies
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1,5 tablespoon soy yoghurt
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime zests
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla bean sugar
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, grinded
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Combine flour, chickpea flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, poppyseeds, lemon zests, brown sugar, vanilla bean sugar and salt.
Mix the melted coconut oil, lemon juice and soy yoghurt.
Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix them well until it is a solid dough.
Rest the dough for 30-60 minutes in the fridge.
Combine sugar and icing sugar for the cookie cover.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Make 12 dough balls, walnut sized.
Cover the lemon poppyseed cookies balls in the sugar mixture.
Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper.
Put 9 to 12 dough pieces on the baking sheet with enough space inbetween.
Flatten the dough with your fingers or a tablespoon. Till you double the diameter of the cookie dough balls.
Bake them for 10-12 minutes on air circulation.
Rest the hot lemon poppyseed cookies for 5 minutes on the backing sheet to cool down. Then lift them on a cooling rack.